- Suzie and Leah’s first play was Snow White and the Seven Dwarves in October 2007
- Bill and Garrett’s first play was Unwrapped in October 2008 along with Suzie and Leah
- Sophia’s first play was Rented Christmas in December 2008 along with Garrett
- Bill is currently an ASPI board member
- What got them started in ASPI?
- When Leah was not able to make the dates for the Missoula Theater, a friend suggested that they check out ASPI. It was something Leah really wanted to do, so Suzie and Leah both auditioned and got roles in the 2007 production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
- How does it feel to be involved in ASPI as a family?
- Sophia- “You get to practice lines together.”
- Bill- “You get to spend quality time with the family!”
- What draws them to ASPI?
- Bill- “It’s a lot of fun to perform and build relationships with the other actors. We built a lot of friendships over the years that now extend outside the theater because of the shows we have been in.”
- Suzie- “It’s something we can do as a family. It’s close to home.”
- What would they say to other families about getting involved in ASPI?
- Bill- “Don’t be scared. It’s a lot of fun! It’s a great way to strengthen and build your relationships with your children. There will be plenty to talk about around the dinner table.”
- Favorite family activity outside of ASPI
The Wons family enjoys sailing and traveling.
- Leah is currently pursuing performance as a career majoring in musical performance at Viterbo University in La Crosse.
- Sophia is also involved in Missoula Theater and Destination Imagination.
- Bill has also been involved in performances at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Little Suamico.
The Wons family was recently in ASPI’s production of ANNIE on March 31st, April 1st, April 2nd and April 7th, April 8th, April 9th.