Tim, Brigette, and their daughters Ellie and Betsy
- Ellie’s first play was Sound of Music, December 2013
- Brigette then was in Once Upon a Mattress, December 2014
- Ellie, Betsy and Brigette (Witch) were in Wizard of Oz, December 2015
- Ellie and Betsy were in Shrek the Musical, Spring 2016
- Brigette and Tim helped in building set pieces for Charlie Brown, December 2016
- Now Betsy and Ellie are in Annie, and Brigette is a Board Advisory member and our ASPI volunteer coordinator
- What got them started in ASPI?
They saw an ad in the paper for auditions for ASPI’s production of The Sound of Music. Both daughters, Ellie and Betsy auditioned and Ellie got the role of Brigitta.
- What draws them to ASPI?
Brigette- “The fun people. Everybody is very welcoming!”
Dad- “Our girls like to sing and act.”
- How does it feel to be involved in ASPI as a family?
Brigette- “You’re having to run the kids anyway, so it’s nice to be able to stay and spend more time with everyone. This is something that we can do together.”
- What would they say to other families about getting involved in ASPI?
Brigette- “If they ever have the itch or want to see what is going on, this is a great place to start! The kids learn a lot. They [the theater] do a good job teaching.”
- Favorite family activity outside of ASPI
The Finger family enjoys spending their time outdoors in the summer, whether it is gardening or visiting their grandpa and grandma’s farm. They also enjoy playing board games together.
- Final thoughts from Brigette: “One of the things I love about this theater is how close knit the cast & crew become during each show. Maybe that happens at all theaters, I don’t know. There are tears shed when we say good bye (and sometimes even during the final bows!). We know at the end of the run, we’ll never ALL be together again. Some of us will, but not all. It’s bittersweet. I realize how blessed we are to have met new friends after each production.”
Catch the Finger family in ASPI’s production of ANNIE on March 31st, April 1st, April 2nd and April 7th, April 8th, April 9th. For more information on the show or to order tickets, go to www.abramstheater.com or call the box office at 920-826-5852.